Hangover Protection is a potent nutritional combination of essential B vitamins, antioxidants and herbs that is specially designed to replenish nutrients that maybe lost due to excessive alcohol consumption.*
Specific Clinical Objectives of Body App™ Hangover Protection
- Vitamin C is one of the essential nutrients depleted by alcohol consumption. Because it is the body’s primary water-soluble dietary antioxidant, this depletion results in severe oxidative stress in daily drinkers.
- Alcohol consumption depletes Thiamine (Vitamin B1) and produces the same symptoms as non-alcoholic Thiamine deficiency. Thiamine deficiency damages brain cells and other nerve cells throughout the body.
- The consumption and metabolism of alcohol results in the production of acetaldehyde, a highly reactive compound. N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), an analogue of the dietary amino acid cysteine, binds to acetaldehyde, thus blocking its damaging effects.
- Milk Thistle contains silymarin a unique type of bioflavonoid and antioxidant that scavenges damaging free radicals. Silymarin has been shown to combat lipid peroxidation in the liver. It has also been demonstrated that silymarin may help promote healthy liver cells.
- Andrographis paniculata supports the immune system, protects against microbes and is used as a liver tonic in Traditional Ayurvedic Medicine.
- Artichoke Leaf contains Chlorogenic acid and cynarin the two most active compounds found in this extract. In clinical studies these powerful compounds have shown to demonstrate a significant antioxidant effect capable of protecting liver cells from damage.